Intune User Guide
Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) which enables the following:
- To be 100% cloud with Intune, or to be co-managed with Configuration Manager and Intune;
- To set rules and configure settings on personal and organization-owned devices to access data and networks;
- To deploy and authenticate apps on devices (both on-premises and mobile);
- To control the way users access and share information;
- To stay compliant with company security requirements.
Integration Intune with Apptimized saves time and enables a user to upload, update, and manage the ready-made packages without the need to leave Apptimized.
- Application registrations in the Microsoft Azure portal;
- Assigning permissions to a user to work with Microsoft Intune from the Microsoft Azure portal;
- Integration of the application from the Microsoft Azure portal into the Apptimized portal.
The application registration is carried out in the Microsoft Azure portal via administrative credentials. A user can choose one of the following types of accounts:
- A tenant admin account;
- A tenant user account (with the enabled “Users can register applications” setting).
The option to open an application registration page is available under:
- Microsoft Azure portal > Azure services > App registrations;
- Microsoft Azure portal > Search > Enter a search request (i.e., “App registrations”) > Select the service in the list > App registrations;
- Microsoft Azure portal > Menu > All services > Enter a search request (i.e., “App registrations”) > Select the service in the list > App registrations.
Microsoft Azure portal shows the screen when successful:
The option to create a new application registration is available under the New registration option.
Microsoft Azure portal shows the Create window when successful:
To create a new application registration, a user fills in the fields in the form (see Table 1 and the Microsoft Azure manual).
Table 1. A new application registration
|Name||This field sets a meaningful application name to display to users (i.e., Apptimized Intune Test)|
This option identifies types of accounts that can use the application.
This setting is optional, and the values can be provided later.
When clicking on the Register button, Microsoft Azure portal shows the following screen: